Tuesday, December 30, 2014

[KontentMachine] More Onsite SEO Stuff. Headings and...

Alrighty then, heading tags.

You know, the content between those <h1><h2><h3> etc. tags


As I said before, it's one of the main things you should take care of.

How I do it:

    1. I use only one <h1> tag per page

    2. I use my keyword in the <h1> tag and try to start the sentence with it

    3. I use a couple or more <h2> tags and NEVER mention my main keyword there. I try to put related terms in them

    4. If needed I would include <h3> tags and more related keywords


Try to show Google what your content is about without making it look too spammy. That's the rule of thumb.



Page Speed

Oh boy, is that important or what (hint: yes)!

Read about it here: Using site speed in web search ranking

Fortunately, it's not difficult to test and improve your website's speed.

Go to Google's PageSpeed Insights tool here and check what they recommend you fix on your website.

I highly recommend that you sign up for a good CDN. It will make sure your website loads fast from different parts of the world. I personally use CloudFlare on all of my website. Check them out, they are offering free accounts too.


As I told you before, when it comes to onpage SEO you want to follow what Google says. The reason is that they know you are 100% responsible for what's on your website and if there's something funny on it they know who to blame. ;)

So, have you thought about "quality content"? What is it? How can you programmatically (meaning "Google-like") measure it?

I'll tell you next time ;)

Georgi "Onsite" Georgiev

Hauptstrasse 63
Hochdorf-Assenheim Hochdorf-Assenheim 67126
GERMANY
Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

No comments:

Post a Comment